Car stereo systems are an important aspect of any car. Most vehicle owners want a high quality stereo system to listen to during the commute to work or while traveling long distances. The first step in attaining the best possible stereo system for your car, is finding the best installer. We have compiled several questions and ideas for consumers to keep in mind when they are looking for a high quality car stereo installer; they are as follows:
- What, if any, certifications does the installer hold? MECP is the most common type of certification for car stereo systems. Look for at least a “Basic Level” certification. An “Advanced” (or formerly “First Class”) Installer is the next step up and the most common for experienced installers. Finally, “Master Installer” (Gold) is the highest level and the most difficult to achieve. There are less than 100 Master Installers at any given time so don’t expect your local shop to have that level of certification; what you’re looking for is proof of certification, not proof of expert certification.
- How much experience does the installer have? If they’ve been installing at the same shop for several years then that’s a good sign. Total years experience is also important but don’t expect a twenty year veteran. Installers tend to be young and often move on to other ventures.
- What training has the installer had? There are several manufacturers that will offer training to installers on site. See if your installer has completed any training of this sort or if they have attended one of the many installation specific schools. This can be a plus but neither is a substitute for install bay experience.
- Ask to see the installer’s photo album. Most shops and installers will keep a photo album (physical or digital) of the installs they do. This shows what they are capable of and may inspire some ideas for your own system.
- If you don’t know anyone who has used this installer, then ask if they have any customer testimonial letters. It’s good to see that others have used the installer and have been satisfied. Don’t be too concerned if they don’t have any. These are much more rare than the photo album.
So the next time you are in the market for a car stereo installer, keep these questions and ideas in mind when interview and investigating potential vendors. Contact DeDona Tint & Sound today to start planning your custom car stereo installation project.